Sunday 15 June 2014

Lady Danger

How I spent so many years not being particularly interested in lipstick literally baffles me.

I'm now obsessed with lip products. Gloss, stain, stick, balm, you name it I've probably got it floating around in my handbag. 

I think it was The Fear that had me steering clear for so long, but once I first tried a bold lip I knew there was no going back.

For me, no other make-up item can completely change your look and alter your mood like a lipstick can. If I'm feeling down, I put on a bright like Revlon Lip Butter in Sorbet and I'm instantly perked up.

It's got to the point now where I'm asking almost complete strangers what they are wearing on their lips, and that my friends, is how I found out about Mac's Lady Danger.

I'd been wanting to dip my toe into the orange end of the lipstick-pool for a while now, but The Fear struck. I'm fine with reds/pinks/dark berry colours, but orange was an unknown quantity which I fretted my olive skin might not suit.

However, I buckled up and headed to the Mac stand, determined to at least try this beautiful orangey-red on for size.

Reader, I bought it.

It is an absolute show-stopper of a lipstick, standing matte and bold amongst my other glosses and high-shine offerings. 

I also got conned persuaded into purchasing a lip liner to pair with it in the colour High Energy and I've actually wore this lip liner on its own softened with some balm and it gives a lovely look.

My favourite way to wear my Lady is as it was intended, bold and full on. I usually line, then apply one coat, blot off excess on a tissue and re-apply a second layer. However, I've also just put a smaller amount of a first layer on and buffed it in with my finger for a more paired-down daytime look.

Go on, be dangerous.

Becs x


No comments:

Post a Comment