Sunday 1 June 2014

The Sophisticate

Ah Ms. Tilbury, what a genius you are.

Firstly, I must apologise for the criminal lack of beauty-related posts of late. Me and the blog have been having a bit of a break while I got super-busy planning what was an epic trip to Thailand. However, now I've returned, tanned and missing beach life I decided what better way to cheer myself up than to get back on the blogging bandwagon.

Speaking of bandwagon's... I've been meaning to upload this post since I bought this beautiful quad in March.



I was fortunate enough to be given the opportunity to go to London with work, and one evening I decided to go for a jaunt down Oxford Street. I headed to Selfridges with the intention of merely looking at the Charlotte Tilbury make-up range after hearing all of the praise for it online, but before I knew it I was walking out of the store, purchase in hand.

Ok, ok, who am I kidding?! As soon as I saw even a photograph of The Sophisticate palette I knew it had to be mine. The four matte shades are absolutely perfect for what I was after and I do not regret succumbing to the slightly hefty price-tag. They are super blendable and long lasting, and the colour pay-off is great as you would expect.

I've been wearing the top two shades pretty much every-day since and they provide the perfect hint of colour for me, nothing too much but enough to provide highlight and definition.

I add the two 'smoky' tones for an evening or weekend look, and love the look this gives which can be worn with a bright or nude lip and plenty of mascara/eyeliner.

I'm headed back to London in a few weeks, Selfridges - watch out.

Becs x

No comments:

Post a Comment