Monday 30 June 2014

Summer Sun

As I mentioned recently I went on a lovely trip to Thailand and I was determined (once in my life) not to over-pack.

This meant that my make-up had to be reduced to a smaller number of products which could stand the test of the heat.


(In no particular order)
- Mini YSL Babydoll mascara -Clinque Bottom Lash mascara - Mac Studio Fix Powder - Collection concealor - Benefit Browzings - Maybelline colour tattoos in Taupe and On & On Bronze - Rimmel Scandaleyes gel eyeliner in black & bronze - Rimmel Apocolips in Big Bang & Apocoliptic - Max Factor creme blush in Soft Pink - Rimmel blush Pink Blush - Boujours bronzer - Mac Mineralise Skin Finish in Soft & Gentle

I never bother to take foundation with me on holiday as my skin has a tendency to go a little bumpy sometimes due to the heat/sweat/suntan lotion concoction and I don't like to add another thing on top to worsen my pores. However, just because I may be tanned doesn't mean I don't need a little bit of coverage so I often take my Mac Studio Fix powder which at any other point of the year is far too dark for me (tip: never get matched when you're tanned)


Bronzer is a biiiigggg holiday essential, but my Nars Laguna has recently cracked and I didn't want to risk any more damage in-flight so decided to try out Boujours's infamous offering. I did quite like the colour of this, but I just wish it had less glitter particles in it.


Speaking of bronze, I pretty much wore Maybelline's Colour Tattoo in On & On Bronze every night, applied with my finger and then blended with a soft brush to give a little definition in the crease. Add lashings of YSL Babydoll Mascara and black eyeliner and we're almost good to go.

Some nights when I had a more dressed-down outfit (or just felt like it) I added a lip colour but the thing about Thailand is everybody is so dressed down that you don't want to take it that step too far.

What are your holiday essentials?

Becs x

No comments:

Post a Comment