Sunday 12 January 2014

Saturday Sales

...I told you I'd be back!

Yesterday was one of those days when you go shopping and the first store you walk into, you sense that you are going to be spending a lot of money. Often, when you plan these kinds of shopping trips you dont see anything worth spending your pounds and pennies on, so I didn't feel toooo guilty about what I picked up.

I first went into Debenhams where I got my eyebrows waxed back into shape thanks to the maestros at the Benefit counter. I have had the 'Brow Arch' wax numerous times, and believe it is one of the best in-store cosmetic treatments you can recieve. I've never left unhappy with my brows, the girls have always made sure to ask what I'm after before they get their tweezers out and - the main point for me - is that they dont let you leave to spend the next hour or so with a red-inflamed brow. They usually use Boing! concealer to reduce the redness, before completing the brow look by filling them in with the infamous Brow Zings. I've used a brow pencil for many years now, and everytime I get them done at the counter I consider purchasing this set - so yesterday I took the jump. I got it in Dark which I was a little dubious about, but after applying myself this morning can say that I am more than happy with it. It is a simple two-step wax and powder process, with both an angled brush and blending brush included. (Plus, a mini-Benefit for Tweezerman tweezers which I already had from another set, and can highly recommend for their ability at being able to get the shortest and tiniest of hairs).
I also spotted a Lancome sale and just couldn't resist. I dabbled into the Lancome mascara world last year and have never looked back. I have tried the Doll Eyes, Hyponose and Star with the latter being my favourite. They had a duo on sale and although I'm not in need of a new one yet, they were at such a good price point of £32 that I just couldnt resist. Debenhems were also having an offer on if you spent over £35 on Lancome you recieved £10 worth of Beauty Card points so I added a nail varnish also on sale to my basket. While in town I also picked up a jacket from Primark and a jumper from Zara with a beaded-collar detail which I am already in love with.

To outweigh yesterday's spends, today I have relaxed on the sofa with a cup of coffee and Glamour magazine, and then spent this afternoon looking at potential holidays. Ahh, weekends pass far too fast!

I'll be back mid-week with a book review,

Becs x


No comments:

Post a Comment